PROCEEDINGS FOR ACQUISITION OF SPANISH NATIONALITY
We undertake all types of foreign affairs processes related to procedures for Spanish nationality and its retrieval in case of loss. We also handle the appropriate files to obtain Spanish nationality for residence, whose required periods range from one to ten years, depending on the personal circumstances, the origin and family ties, as well as option or possession of naturalisation papers or proof of status.
CONSULTANCY AND SPANISH NATIONALITY ACQUISITION PROCEEDINGS
In NOVA EXTRANJERÍA we provide qualified professionals and collegiate members to handle and obtain Spanish nationality for you and your relatives or those with whom you maintain a stable sentimental tie.
For this aim we provide all you may need (educational material, teachers, school or premises, media content…) to pass the citizenship and knowledge about the Spanish language test.
These are the ways to obtain citizenship:
Citizenship by option:
Citizenship by option is a benefit granted to those foreigners who are in specific conditions to obtain Spanish citizenship. Those who will have right to obtain Spanish citizenship through this channel are the following:
– Those who are or have been subject to the custody of a Spaniard.
– Those whose father or mother is Spanish or was born in Spain.
– Those who were born in Spain or whose child legitimation (which means the determination of the identity of a person’s parents) happens after turning eighteen. In this case, the period to opt for nationality is two years from the moment the legitimation or the birth is fixed.
– Those whose adoption by Spaniards takes place after turning eighteen. In this case, the right to opt for nationality ends two years after the adoption.
Citizenship by residence
Citizenship by residence is granted to those who have been in Spain:
- legally for ten years.
- five years in the case of refugees,
- two years for those from Ibero-American countries, Andorra, the Philippines, Equatorial Guinea, Portugal, or those of Sephardic origin.
- one year for those born in Spanish territory,
- who did not exercise their right for option,
- who are legally subject to Spanish guardianship, custody or fostering
- who have been married to a Spaniard for one year
- who are widowed and who were born outside Spain but with ancestors of Spanish origin.
Citizenship through possession of naturalisation papers:
This way of acquiring citizenship is more easily granted and is not subject to the general rules of administrative procedure. It will be granted or not by the Government on a discretionary basis through a Royal Decree after considering the exceptional circumstances. In the case of obtaining Spanish nationality by naturalisation papers, it is mandatory to:– Swear and promise loyalty to the King and obedience to the Spanish Constitution and laws.– Declare renunciation of the previous nationality except if it is the nationality of a Latin American country, Andorra, the Philippines, Equatorial Guinea or Portugal.
Nationality by status possession:
Those who have possessed and used Spanish nationality continuously and in good faith for ten years, and have a title registered in the Civil Registry, will have the right to Spanish nationality. The persons interested must have had an active attitude in possessing and using Spanish nationality, which means that they must have behaved as a Spaniard, both enjoying their rights and fulfilling their duties related to the bodies of the Spanish State.
Obtaining Spanish nationality: CCSE and DELE A2 exams.
To obtain Spanish nationality it is obligatory to pass the following exams:
– The exam to obtain the Diploma of Spanish as a foreign language (DELE A2 level) or higher (this exam is obligatory only for Spanish-speaking candidates).
– The CCSE test (Constitutional and Sociocultural knowledge of Spain), which confirms the knowledge of the Spanish Constitution and the social and cultural reality of Spain